Thousands of members will take part in new program launches, world-class training, cash-back savings and give-back efforts during four-day event in New Orleans
WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. – Thousands of Nationwide Marketing Group members, vendors, service providers and staff from across the country will gather in New Orleans, Louisiana, this weekend to take part in the 55th PrimeTime conference and tradeshow. The semi-annual event, which is the industry’s largest networking opportunity for independent retailers and vendors in North America, will be held at the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center Aug. 17-20.
“PrimeTime is one of my favorite events because it brings our members, vendor partners and employees together for four action-packed days of networking and business development,” says Tom Hickman, Nationwide’s president and chief member advocate. “From our Nationwide Learning Academy sessions and signature give-back effort to relationship building with fellow retailers and millions in cash–back reimbursed right on the show floor, this is the premier event for independent retailers looking to drive business success.”
This show’s theme is “Connect for Success,” and every aspect of PrimeTime is designed to help attendees do just that.
“Despite challenges such as tariff issues, trade wars, price increases and channel disruption, our members continue to grow sales, gain market share and expand operations,” Hickman says. “But there’s still more potential out there. During these four days, we’ll be drilling down to help members find the tools they need to identify and capitalize on those opportunities.”
Some of the show’s highlights include:
- Nearly 225,000 square feet of tradeshow exhibition space featuring 200 manufacturers and service providers. Nationwide will also welcome more than 20 new vendors across the appliance, consumer electronics, furniture, bedding, outdoor and member services categories, including Flexsteel Industries, Klipsch and Comdata business-to-business payment solutions.
- A first look at Nationwide Connected Home, the first connected home division dedicated exclusively to the independent retailer. Nationwide will also unveil its own connected tiny home, which attendees can walk through to experience this growing product category for themselves.
- The launch of the all new FlashTags software, which makes it easier than ever to power electronic price tags. In an ever-more-volatile market, FlashTags makes tags change instantly and automatically as retailers’ websites – or other conditions they choose – adjust. Retailers buy the tags, but the FlashTag software is a totally free extension of WebFronts.
- A sneak peek at WebFronts Go, an exciting new development coming soon from RWS that will let salespeople complete in-store sales in minutes by scanning the product’s digital tag and the customer’s credit card.
- The premier of AT&T TV – PrimeTime attendees will be the first in the nation to see this exciting new streaming service in action.
- PrimeTime Palooza, a fast-paced, high-energy, 90-minute event featuring limited-quantity deals that can save members thousands of dollars on show purchases.
- CenterStage @ PrimeTime featuring interviews with Nationwide staff and members, conversations with key vendor partner executives, and 10-15-minute spark sessions to jumpstart great ideas and business innovation.
- More than 120 hours of world-class educational programming through the Nationwide Learning Academy.
- A 60-minute meal-packing challenge to nourish local children in need in partnership with No Child Hungry.
- The inaugural meeting of WIN: Women in Nationwide, a new group dedicated to supporting the development of female business leaders across the independent channel.
In addition, AT&T will hold its first ever AT&T Certified Champion training in New Orleans in conjunction with this weekend’s PrimeTime event. The two-day, all-inclusive bootcamp is available only to Nationwide Marketing Group members and will give front-line salespeople all the training and tools they need to launch successful AT&T programs in their home stores.
“Thanks to AT&T and DSI Systems, we are able to bring 100 independent retailers from across the country to New Orleans for this exclusive training opportunity,” says Lee McDonald, director of business development for Nationwide Marketing Group. “No matter what product lines they’re currently selling, this bootcamp will help our members future-proof their showrooms by showcasing the value of a connected home – for appliances, electronics, bedding and even furniture. And, of course, help them join the growing group of Nationwide members who are able to exclusively offer AT&T cell phones, wireless plans, fiber, broadband, DirecTV, wearables and more to their customers.”
To learn more, visit www.nationwideprimetime.com/.
About Nationwide Marketing Group
Nationwide Marketing Group works on behalf of thousands of independent appliance, furniture, bedding, electronics, specialty electronics, custom installation and rent-to-own dealers helping them grow their businesses and thrive on their own terms. With more than 5,000 members operating some 14,000 storefronts, Nationwide Marketing Group is the largest buying, marketing and business support organization of its kind, representing billions in combined annual sales across the membership. For nearly 50 years, the organization has remained committed to the independent channel, empowering members with the scale, sophistication and efficiencies they need to compete while delivering the unmatched business intelligence, tools and resources required to win in an ever-changing business environment. To learn more, visit nationwidegroup.org.
Amy Croom is the director of public relations and communications for Nationwide Marketing Group.