Nationwide Marketing Group recently welcomed Melissa Stenson into the NMG family as the vice president of member experience. While a newly hired team member, Melissa is certainly familiar to Nationwide and has worked with us for many years as part of the staff at Sterling Events Group, where she spearheaded coordination of our PrimeTime tradeshow and conference.
Now a member of the NMG team, Melissa will continue to serve Members by focusing solely on improving their experience within the group. As she dives into her new position, we sat down with Melissa to learn a little more about her, her role and her plans for NMG Members.
1) What does a VP of Member Experience do? It’s really quite simple. My job is to continually look for ways to improve our Members’ experiences with the group, both at our events like PrimeTime and across all other Member touchpoints, whether through helping the team in the field or pushing for better user experiences via MemberNet. I’ll be working to increase engagement between NMG and our Members with the sole focus of making sure we are delivering the best-in-class experience you deserve.
2) Tell us a little bit about yourself. I’m a wife to an Independent home builder and mom of four daughters, two in college and two in middle school. I’ve worked in hospitality and events my entire career. Most recently, I worked at Sterling Events Group, where I led the planning team for PrimeTime. Prior to that, I was at ITA Group managing a team responsible for more than $65 million annually in incentive travel and engagement solutions.
3) What brought you to NMG? I’ve been partnering closely with Nationwide Marketing Group for the past two years on PrimeTime, often working out of the office in Winston-Salem. I’m impressed by the speed at which Nationwide is adapting to ensure it will continue to be in a position to help Members solve their retail problems today and in the future. It’s exciting, and I’m thrilled to be a part of it.
4) What do you like most about working with NMG Members? I’ve worked with the Members of Nationwide Marketing Group off and on since 2000. They are passionate about their businesses. They are fun, and they are fierce. During the recession, when I was working with Fortune 500 corporate groups that were cancelling events left and right, Nationwide Members powered through. They still came together every six months for PrimeTime. They don’t quit, and they don’t give up. They have families and communities depending on them. I’m proud to be working on their behalf.
5) What do you want to accomplish in your new role? Our Members are competing against giants in an ever-changing world of retail. Many of them wear countless hats every day. I want to do everything I can to help them find every advantage possible and create a best-in-class experience for them. They deserve it.
6) Anything else that we should know? Yes! Call me and reach out to me through email! I want to hear from you. How are we doing? What can we do better? You can reach me at 336-714-2073 or email@example.com.
Rob is the corporate communications manager for Nationwide Marketing Group.