Houston is a metropolitan market of almost 6 million people and 500 energy companies, and it has earned a reputation as the Energy Capital of the World. If Houston were a separate country, its energy-driven economy would be equivalent to the 30th largest economy in the world.
But Houston is also a technology and innovation capital. Whether you visit one of the nine crude oil refineries, Space Center Houston, the Houston Museum of Natural Science, the Johnson Space Center or another NASA facility, you’ll be left with no doubt that energy and innovation drive Houston’s local economy.
At PrimeTime, you have a tremendous opportunity to see for yourself how energy and innovation can drive your business to new heights in 2020 with ENERGY STAR®.
Whether you sell major appliances, televisions, communications, home theater, connected home or smart home energy management products, manufacturers and product vendors will be presenting energy-efficient, innovative, feature-rich and ENERGY STAR-qualified models throughout PrimeTime.
Here’s something for you to know: more than 40% of all major appliance products that our Nationwide Member dealers sell that could be ENERGY STAR qualified are ENERGY STAR qualified. And that’s important to know, because only good things happen when you present and sell ENERGY STAR! Consider this:
- The average price point is higher. Manufacturers bundle ENERGY STAR and energy efficiency with innovative new product features.
- The average gross dollars earned by the manufacturer building the products and the retailer selling the ENERGY STAR-qualified product is typically higher.
- The consumer is thrilled because they are seeing and choosing from the best brands and the newest, most innovative, feature-rich and energy-efficient models.
- 90% of consumers are aware of the ENERGY STAR logo, and over 75% acknowledge they made a purchase because of it.
- And consumers will reward the Independent dealer with today’s sale, today’s profits, today’s market share and tomorrow’s customer loyalty.
For the last 14 years, the ENERGY STAR team has recognized Nationwide’s industry-leading efforts to sell and present ENERGY STAR-qualified products with national award recognition, most recently as an ENERGY STAR 2019 Partner of the Year-Sustained Excellence Award winner.
More than ever, your Nationwide team is working to assist and support you, our Members and vendors, to drive your sales and thrive with ENERGY STAR. Here’s how:
- Our merchants have developed special models and assortments, including ENERGY STAR and ENERGY STAR Most Efficient models.
- Our digital and traditional marketing and promotions showcase special ENERGY STAR models and offers.
- Our calendar embraces the ENERGY STAR national promotions, in addition to presenting ENERGY STAR products, special incentives and models in our exclusive Nationwide promotions.
- Our team has developed exclusive ENERGY STAR online training tools to give you and your sales team an advantage over your competition.
- And there will be so much more to share on the floor at PrimeTime and on MemberNet!
We want to invite you to visit with us for just a couple quick minutes at our booth on the PrimeTime show floor, where we will engage you in a brief but high-energy training presentation and show you how to access these exclusive Nationwide and ENERGY STAR training tools. You’ll also have the chance to learn more about the special ENERGY STAR models, assortments and promotions.
And, just for fun, you can register for a chance to win one of 10 prizes of 10,000 MemberNet Rewards points. That’s a 100,000-point MemberNet Rewards drawing, and all you need to do is stop by the ENERGY STAR booth for less than three minutes.
Rick Weinberg is senior vice president of business services for Nationwide Marketing Group