If you’re not selling products in the outdoor living space, you’re missing out on one of the hottest and most profitable categories for Independent retailers. Three years into the Nationwide Marketing Group initiative, we’ve seen three times the number of dealers begin selling grills, 60% CAGR growth dollar volume and gross margins in the low to mid-thirties. Successful Members are seeing NEW customers and REPEAT customers fueling their business, and outdoor furniture and outdoor power participants have also grown nicely.
This PrimeTime in Houston is your opportunity to jump into or expand your outdoor living assortment.
Your Nationwide outdoor brand assortment has gotten much stronger, and we’ll be featuring our biggest and best outdoor exposition to date. Existing vendor partners are stepping up big time to make this a truly memorable experience.
You’ll find a blend of both indoor and outdoor booths for the broadest exposure ever at PrimeTime, including huge spaces from Traeger, Napoleon, MTD and others. Sample food will be provided periodically on Tuesday and Wednesday, and entertainment, and games will also add to the fun.
Here’s a sneak peek at what you can expect to see in Houston:
- Char-Broil, the No. 2 vendor of grills globally, has joined the NMG family. Primarily focused on the $369-$649 price points, this brand gives you the opportunity to capture new mainstream customers and market share. Parent company W.C. Bradley also brings the Oklahoma Joe’s brand of smokers to the NMG portfolio.
- RH Peterson — manufacturer of Fire Magic, AOG (American Outdoor Grill) and AFD (American Fyre Designs) outdoor comfort solutions — is new for 2020. Catering to the premium consumer, these brands are new to our appliance channel and looking to capitalize with Nationwide.
- Crown Verity, a leader in outdoor commercial cooking products, is bringing a new residential offering to Nationwide Members. These luxury grills are built to last a lifetime and will be assembled and distributed in Bowling Green, Kentucky.
- THOR Kitchen, makers of affordable luxury indoor products, is launching their outdoor offering in Q1 2020.
- TYTUS Grills and Mont Alpi made their debut at the fall 2019 show. Both offer high-quality grills, mobile outdoor kitchen solutions and the first black stainless in the outdoor cooking category.
- South Seas Outdoor Furniture is launching their products right here in Houston.
- Canadian Spa Co. offers NMG Members the best selection of premium spas with easy ways to get into the business, along with white glove delivery and install solutions — all with VERY little display.
Now is the time to quit sitting on the beach and watching the “waves of business” roll by. Don’t just stick your toe in the water and have a small display. Get on your surfboard and ride the waves by looking relevant in outdoor living.
In grills, that means dedicating 800+ square feet of display and having all fuel types represented with at least two brands of gas, a lump charcoal brand and a pellet solution.
Nationwide Marketing Group has a great line-up to choose from, but it takes your commitment to the category to be successful.
And don’t forget to demonstrate, demonstrate, demonstrate. Only then can you touch all of the consumer’s senses and make the shopping experience special.
John Laing is the director of outdoor for Nationwide Marketing Group